- Substantial detached six bedroom detached house of 4500 sqft
- Triple aspect sitting room
- Open-plan kitchen/dining/conservatory
- Family room, utility and cloakroom
- Five first floor bedrooms, second floor bedroom/games room/office space
- Three lower ground floor rooms currently a home cinema, office/bedroom & gym suitable for independent living
- Off-street parking for several vehicles
- Double garage
- Delightful well-stocked terraced gardens
- Versatile family accommodation arranged across four floors
Within Headington yet nestled in a woodland setting, Douglas Downes Close is accessed via a private drive off Quarry Road. An attractive family house currently used as six bedrooms but could be more with accommodation of approximately 4500 sqft plus garage, which is flexible and versatile in its use.
There is an immediate sense of space when entering the grand entrance hall with its sweeping staircase and galleried landing. On the ground floor is a light triple-aspect sitting room, family room and a large open-plan kitchen/dining room and conservatory suited to modern living. There is also a utility and cloakroom. On the first floor are five bedrooms including the master bedroom and guest bedroom, both with en-suite shower rooms and a family bathroom. There is a large "bonus room" on the second floor which could be used as either a sixth bedroom, games room or office space. The lower ground floor extends to 1500 sqft with a large hall, gymnasium, bedroom and an open-plan living room/library/office. This space could be used for independent living, if required or as an extended office. Outside there is off-street forecourt parking for several vehicles and access to an integral double garage. To the rear are delightful, well-stocked terraced gardens with areas for entertaining and relaxation.
Douglas Downes Close lies just off Quarry Road in Headington and has good access to the local shops and amenities within the area. It is also well placed for many of Oxford's popular schools, as well as Oxford Brookes University and the John Radcliffe, Churchill and Nuffield hospitals. From Headington there are bus services to Oxford city, Landon, Heathrow and Gatwick. Central Oxford provides an extensive range of shops, both high street and niche boutiques. Cultural amenities include theatres, galleries, museums and cinemas. There is a vibrant entertainment scene and cafes, bars and restaurants to suit most tastes.