- Superbly appointed well proportioned light and airy accommodation
- Many elegant rooms with features associated with the period
- Impressive family kitchen opening into a large sitting room
- Triple aspect light and airy drawing room
- Open fireplaces in sitting and drawing rooms
- Master bedroom suite with large en-suite and dressing room
- Lovely established gardens
An elegant 1930’s built detached house with grounds of around 0.75 of an acre approximately a mile from Abingdon town centre.
The property is set in a village location just to the west of Abingdon and is one of four substantial former senior ranking officer's houses dating back to the days of RAF Abingdon. The house was built in the 1930’s and exhibits a lovely sense of grandeur together with character including a grand oak staircase, original parquet wood flooring, picture rails to many rooms, all of which has been complimented by a comprehensive refurbishment.
Sitting in delightful grounds, Northerwood enjoys a secluded, private aspect. The flexible accommodation is arranged over two floors and provides an excellent ground floor space with a drawing room, sitting room, play room and study in addition to a family kitchen, boot room, utility room and two cloakrooms. The first floor provides six bedrooms including a master bedroom suite with en-suite and dressing room. There is a further family bathroom and separate shower room with WC to the first floor. Part of the first floor lends itself to providing part self contained accommodation.
All rooms have a light and airy feel and an excellent set of proportion with lofty ceilings, large square paned windows and the flow of accommodation creates a superb family home.